The Office Assistant is line managed by the CEO but may be tasked by any member of the management team
Hours of work
18 hours (ideally Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with some flexibility)
£20,043 FTE pro rata
28 days per annum (including statutory holidays, pro rata).
To provide high quality administrative duties to the management team to ensure the proper flow of office procedures. The office assistant should maintain a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, clients, and stakeholders in person, online, and via telephone.
• Managing correspondence by answering the telephone, managing emails and sorting mail.
• Assist in planning and arranging events.
• Assist in arranging meetings by booking rooms, printing required paperwork and organising refreshments.
• Answers phone calls and transfer them as necessary.
• Draft, format and print relevant documents as required.
• Maintain stock lists and order supplies as needed.
• Create agendas and take meeting notes in a variety of meetings.
• Undertake training and attend regular line management, appraisals, supervision, management meetings and team meetings, as required.
• Photocopy and file appropriate documents as needed.
• Support recruitment processes as required.
• Participate in service promotion.
• Ensure communication between agencies is effective.
• Represent the service in a professional manner.
• Develop and maintain knowledge and skills relevant to this area of work which meet the needs of the organisation.
• Monitor, maintain, plan and prioritise own workload.
• Ensure the office remains clean and tidy.
• Work within Hope’s Health & Safety Policy and take responsibility for personal Health & Safety
• Be aware of, and work within, Safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Be aware of, and work within, Confidentiality policies and procedures.
• The post holder is expected to carry out all such additional duties as are commensurate with the post.
• Experience in delivering services in a confidential environment.
• Using IT systems and packages, in particular Microsoft Office.
• Working as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Responding to queries and problem solving.
• Experience of minute taking and accurate recording of meetings.
• Experience of being the first point of contact for the public.
• A minimum of two years’ experience of undertaking administrative duties.
• Experience of liaising with professionals from a variety of organisations.
• Experience of using QuickBooks.
• Experience of maintain online platforms such as company website and social media.
Download our APPLICATION FORM and Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will need to carry out a current DBS check.